Wednesday, April 30, 2008

blah. randomness and anxiety

i am getting ready for my first "offical" interview. blah. i barely slept last night and thanks to tylenol pm i had horrible dreams and didn't sleep well at all (sleeping pills are not good for me, just ask my roommates). so whenever i stress i give in to a struggle that i currently carry with me. it is right there in my back pocket waiting for me to pull it out at any given minute when i feel stressed or anxious. cool. so there it was today staring me in the face telling me that it was better than what god can do/could do. i sat there thinking this is a lie, however, it has comforted me before and why not run to it again in this time of freaking out. so i did. why do i keep doing that. i sat here today and had a great conversation with my roomate on trusting god and when it comes right down to it, in those extremely difficult moments, i choose something that is so less fulfilling so less satisfying, something that only last a minute and then is gone. this is something i am working through, or to be honest, just keep ignoring. hoping one day i will magically trust god in times of desperate need, but i have yet to do so. moments like this don't just "happen." i have to choose. I HAVE TO CHOOSE!!! sometimes i wish god would just choose for us...but what kind of relationship would that be...

3 comments:

Adriane said...

fawn, i hear you, girl! it's so hard to change your habit from how you've reacted in the past, even when you know it's not the right reaction. i'll be praying for you, and let me know if you need to talk, it's a two-way street:) can't wait for your grad. party saturday!!!

Unknown said...

what good writing. thought provoking.

Sara said...

i wrote that above comment. :) ashleigh was just still signed in on my computer :)