Sunday, December 21, 2008

stolen identity and heartattack all in one night

The past few days I have been trying to buy a song off itunes. a little note keeps popping up saying "zip code does not match with credit card." what the heck? So I thought it was a problem with their computers, so I tried again today. Same problem. So I check to make sure the address on my card is the same on itunes. it is. So then I decide to check my bank account. I see 15 charges for itunes that I did not purchase!!! (here is the heart attack). So I immediatley call the bank to see what is going on. The problem is that I kept clicking "buy" and the bank was letting the charges go through but not itunes. There are two addresses on my card and they were using the other one. Then I asked why it would happen now, even though I have had the account for 4 years. I guess they are cracking down on their security (itunes) and called and the USBank person gave the other address for verification. Whew! Solved problem and no more heart attack!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

glad you got that all figured out.

Unknown said...

it was really scary! charissa kept me calm :)

Janel said...

yikes. stolen identity is a scary thing.